Living Abroad

A landlord living abroad for more than 6 months of the year must abide by certain criteria and regulation.

What is a non resident landlord?
Property investors are considered Non-Resident Landlords if they spend more than six months in any tax year outside the UK. The Statutory Residence Test or...
Wed, 5 Jun, 2019 at 10:21 AM
Non-Resident Landlord Application
Letting agents and tenants should register with HMRC’s Non-Resident Landlord Scheme within 30 days of the start of a tenancy. Letting agents complete an...
Wed, 5 Jun, 2019 at 10:22 AM
Working out Non-Resident Landlord Tax
Letting agents and tenants pay any withholding tax to HMRC quarterly. This means at the end of June, September, December and March. To work out how much...
Wed, 5 Jun, 2019 at 10:23 AM
HMRC Non-Resident Landlord Tax Form (NRL1i)
Non-Resident Landlords who want to receive rents without any tax deductions by tenants or letting agents, then complete and file a NRL1i form Only the l...
Wed, 5 Jun, 2019 at 10:26 AM